Windsor Parkinson Meeting October 22, 2013
- will be presenting " the reviewing exercises for people with PD. ."
The Erie St. Clair Falls Prevention Mobile Clinic
lf you have had , a fall, or might be at risk of a fall, you may be interested in this message.
- We are very excited to tell you about a Falls Prevention Mobile Clinic coming to Belle River.
Various health providers from multiple agencies are working together to bring this clinic to you. This mobile clinic is modeled after a very successful mobile clinic that has been visiting communities in British Columbia for the past 7 years.
- What is a Falls Prevention Mobile Clinie? A Falls Prevention Mobile clinic is a group of health
professionals traveling to a community to carry out specific assessments to determine one's risk of having a fall, and discuss different actions participants can take to decrease their risk and remain independent.
- When is the Belle River Clinic? Friday, November 1 , 2013
- What will take place at the clinic? You will be greeted at a registration station, and move through different "stations",
having a chance to sit down with health professionals one on one to discuss different aspects of your health and abilities. Through the assessments, your risk of having a fall will be determined and with your input an action plan will be created.
- Do I need an appointment to attend the clinic? Yes. To book your appointment with the Belle
River Falls Prevention Mobile Clinic, contact Karine Pepin, Windsor Essex Community Health Centre at 519-997-2823, ext. 334.
- How long will it take? You should plan to be at the clinic for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Who are the health professionals working at the clinic? Nurses, Physiotherapists, Kinesiologists, Occupational Therapists
and Pharmacists from various organizations in Windsor make up the team for the mobile clinic.
- What does the clinic cost? To attend the clinic costs you nothing. However, the cost of a fall
resulting in a hip fracture is between 20,000 to 44,000 dollars and can be a life changing event.
- All information will be kept confidential and shared only with the team members providing the clinic. A summary of the
data collected will print out in a graph format showing if your risk of a fall is low, medium or high. This, along with your action plan and any recommendations made will only be shared with you and your doctor or health care provider.
- Falls hurt everyone and can be a life changing experience!
Sadly, too many people get seriously injured as a result of a fall. Don't risk your independence.
- Call today and book a free assessment with the Falls Prevention Mobile Clinic 519-997-2823, ext.334.
- Some information links below.
- Meeting Followup
search terms - parkinson parkinsons parkinson's - errs pakinsinon pakinsons pakinson's