Windsor Parkinson Meeting November 27, 2012
will be presenting " to us about Parkinson's Disease and Vision."
Parkinson' s Discussion
- . Disease
- . Cunent treatment
- . Eye problems
- . Future
- Imbalance between two chemicals messangers.
In most of cases, there is loss of DOPAMINE in substantia nigra and degeneration of dopamine nerve terminals in the corpus striatum.
- 60-80% of dopaminergic neurons are lost before the motor signs of
Parkinson disease emerge.
- Presently PD is mainly caused by environmental factors and
- They treat the disease but do not alter the underlying degenerative
- . Increase the synthesis of dopamine
- . Enhance the action of dopamine
- . Decrease the degradation of dopamine
- . Inhibitors
- . Blurred vision (modification of anticholinergic medicine and increase rx )
- . Double vision (improves with anti-Parkinson medicine)
- . Tearing (artificial tears and avoiding dry environments)
- . Dry eyes
- . Difficulty of moving eyes (improves with anti-Parkinson drugs)
- . Contrast sensitivity reduced (levodopa)
- . Color vision (improves with anti-Parkinson medicines)
- . Depth perception
- . Difficulty in judging movement of moving objects
- . Glaucoma some drugs may cause problems
- . Hallucination reducing dose of Anti-Parkinson drugs and use of CLOZAPINE and QUETAPINE
- . Blepharospasm
- Cure will come from stem cell research.
- Gene therapy with stem cell research.
Office - Dr. Richard Kniaziew
141 Talbot Street West,
Leamington Ontario, N8H-1N2
- You may direct your questions and comments about his page to Rick's Clicks
- Use Rick's online contact form HERE .
search terms - parkinson parkinsons parkinson's - errs pakinsinon pakinsons pakinson's