Windsor Parkinson Meeting February 28, 2012
Canada Revenue Agency "My Account for individuals " What is My Account?
My Account is a secure, convenient, and time-saving way to access and manage your tax and benefit information online, seven days a week!
What can you do on My Account? My Account makes it easy for you to:
- track your tax refund;
- view and apply for child and family benefits;
- view your GST/HST credit payment details;
- see your tax returns and make changes;
- I view your account balances and statements of accout;
- check your RRSP information;
- get your NETFILE access code;
- set up direct deposit;
- create a payment plan; and
- much more.
Discover all that My Account can do for you. Take a tour at www.cra.gc.ca./myaccount. cra.gc.ca/myaccount
How do you register for My Account? 1. ldentify yourself by providing:
- your social insurance number (SIN);
- your date of birth;
- your postal code or zip code; and
- an amount you entered on your tax return
- (the line requested will vary, so have a copy of
- your most current processed tax return on hand).
2. Create a user lD and password
3. Enter your CRA security code Your CRA securiry code will be mailed to you within five business days. Once you enter your code, you can access your personal tax and benefit information right away.
To access My Account in the future, simply log in with your user ID and password.
For more information and to register, go to www. cra. gc. ca/myaccount.cra.gc.ca/myaccount
Need information right away?
If you are not registered for My Account but need information right away, Quick Access gives you fast, easy, and secure access to some of the information in --My Account-- long as you correctly identify yourself. Visit Quick Access at www. cra. gc.ca/quickaccess.cra.gc.ca/quickaccess
Protect your tax information! Do not share your:
- CRA security code;
- user ID; or
For more useful tips and a list of Internet security
- tools available, go to www. cra. gc. ca/security cra.gc.ca
- copyright by Canada Revenue Agency.
Medical and Disability Related Information
Disability tax credit (DTC) You may be eligible for the DTC if on Form T220'1., Disability Tax credit Certificate, a qualified
- practitioner certifies any of the following
- you are blind;
- you have a severe and prolonged impairment in a physical or mental function that
- markedly restricts your ability to perform a basic activity of daily living;
- as a result of significant restrictions in two or more basic activities of daily living
- (including vision), the cumulative effect is equivalent to being markedly restricted; or
- you need, and dedicate time specifically for, life-sustaining therapy to support a vital
To find out if you may be eligible for the DTC , go to www.cra.gc.ca/disability cra.gc.ca/disability or complete the
- self-assessment questionnaire on Form T2201.
- Complete Part A of Form T2201,, Disability Tax Credit Certificate.
- Have a qualified practitioner complete and sign Part B of Form T2201.
- Send the completed Form T2201, to your tax centre , at any time during the year.
To get Form T2201:
- Go to www.cra.gc.ca/forms; or cra.gc.ca/forms
- Call l-800-959-2221.
Disability amount The disability amount is a non-refundable tax credit that can reduce the amount of income tax
- you have to pay in a year. If you are eligible for the DTC, you may be able to claim the disability
- amount on your income tax and benefit return.
If you do not need all or part of your disability amount, you may be able to transfer the unused
- part to your spouse or common-law partner or to another supporting person
- line 31,6 - Disability amount (for self);
- line 318 - Disability amount transferred from a dependant or
- line 326 - Amounts transferred from your spouse or common-law partner.
Other deductions and credits If you are a person with a disability or you support someone with a disability, you may be able to
- claim on your income tax and benefit return the deductions and tax credits listed below
- line 274 - Child care expenses
- line 215 - Disability supports deduction
- line 232 - Other deductions
- line 303 - Spouse or common-law partner amount
- line 305 - Amount for an eligible dependant
- line 306 - Amount for infirm dependants age 18 or older '
- line 315 - Caregiver amount
- line 323 - Your tuition education, and textbook amounts
- line 324 - Tuition, education and textbook amounts transferred from a child
- line 330 - Medical expenses for self, spouse or common-law partner, and your dependent
- children born in 1994 or later
- line 331 - Allowable amount of medical expenses for other dependants
. line 365 - Children's fitness amount
- line 367 - Amount for children born in1994 or later
- line 369 - Home buyers' amount
- line 370 - Children's arts amount
- line 452- Refundable medical expense supplement
- line 453 - Working Income Tax Benefit (WITB)
For more information
- General Income Tax and Benefit Guide
- Form T2201. , Disability Tax Credit Certifcate
- RC4064, Medical and Disability Related lnformation
- Individual income tax enquiries: 1-800-959-8281.
- Teletypewriter service: 1-800-665-0354
copy right Canada Revenue Agency.
For all your answers go to www.cra.gc.ca cra.gc.ca
- Secure ways to view and manage your account online
- For individuals: www.cra.gc.ca/myaccount cra.gc.ca/myaccount
- For businesses: www.cra.gc.ca/mybusinessaccount cra.gc.ca/mybusinessaccount
- For representatives: www.cra,gc.ca/representatives cra,gc.ca/representatives
- Making payments: www.cra.gc.ca/payments cra.gc.ca/payments
- Business registration: www.cra.gc.ca/bn cra.gc.ca/bn
- Events and seminars: www.cra.gc.ca/events cra.gc.ca/events
- Electronic mailing lists: www.cra.gc.ca/lists cra.gc.ca/lists
Important Telephone Numbers:
- Individual income Tax Enquiries ----------1 -800-959-8281
- Business Enquiries and self-employed
- individuals ----------------------------1 -800-959-5525
- Canada Child Tax Benefit -----------------1 -800-387-1193
- GST/HST Credit Enquiries -----------------1 -800-959-1953
- Forms and Publications -------------------1 -800-959-2221
- Telerefund ------------------------------1 -800-959-1956
- T.l.P.S. (Tax information Phone Service)--1 -800-267-6999
- international Tax Services Office---------1 -800-267-5177
- Copy right Canada Revenue Agency.
search terms - parkinson parkinsons parkinson's - errs pakinsinon pakinsons pakinson's