Parkinson Quinoa Salad Recipe
- Dear Parkinson Society friends
I’m happy that so many of you at the recent Potluck enjoyed my Quinoa Salad, and since several of you asked for the recipe, I’m also happy than Rick, our Windsor webmaster and photographer, suggested putting it on the Windsor Parkinson Support Group Media Articles Section.
Quinoa Salad (Big Potluck Party size recipe)
- 2 cups cooked cooled quinoa
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 2 cups diced peppers (1 red & 1 yellow)
- 1 cup nut pieces (walnuts or cashews)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (or raisins)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ tsp. salt
- A few shakes of chili powder or curry powder
- 1. Cook quinoa like rice 1 cup dry quinoa to 2 cups of water.
- 2. Mix quinoa, veggies, nuts and cranberries.
- 3. Mix juice, oil, crushed garlic and spices and then pour the
- liquid mixture on the quinoa.
- 4. Stir thoroughly, and cool thoroughly in fridge.
- ADJUST SIZE OF RECIPE FOR SMALLER GROUPS
- Thank you for the recipe Mr.Stu Selby
search terms - parkinson parkinsons parkinson's - errs pakinsinon pakinsons pakinson's